Monday, September 15, 2008

This Weekend

...I FINALLY finished my rag quilt. I've had this for about 2 1/2 years now and haven't had the chance (or really space) to make it until now. It was a little kit my mom got me for Christmas the same year my husband got me my sewing machine I currently use (I have another one stored at my parents' that belonged to my grandmother, but is not a table top one. And with apartment living, it wasn't a convenient thing to use back then. Now I'm so use to my table top one I haven't gone and gotten the other one.) It's a fleece throw that comes in a little bag that has all the pieces already cut and ready to sew. You just lay them out in the pattern it shows in the directions.

It's a little harder than I figured it would be mainly due to trying to keep from sewing the cut fringe. And it took a while to pin it all together when I had completed the separate rows and was sewing them together. After I sewed the first two rows together, I realized I needed to pin the fringe down that was from the separate squares being put together. So I did get a number of pricks while trying to put it all together, but no blood to worry about getting on the fabric :)

The thing that took the longest was just finding time to do it. There are a few small mess-ups, but nothing you would notice unless I sat down and really showed you. So I'm very pleased. And looking forward to a chilly evening where I can wrap up in it.



My mom bought this for me because of the Kokopellies. One of my favorite things to collect.


2 comments:

Charisse said...

WOOOWOOO!!!!! Good for you. I am so proud of you. I was thinking the other day that you didn't ever really talk about kokopellis anymore and wondered if you still collected them since I didn't remember seeing them in your house.

Toby E. said...

They're hard to find around here. Most of the ones I have have come from vacations to New Mexico and Colorado. And I have misplaced a bunch of the ones I already have since I went to UT.