It's a little harder than I figured it would be mainly due to trying to keep from sewing the cut fringe. And it took a while to pin it all together when I had completed the separate rows and was sewing them together. After I sewed the first two rows together, I realized I needed to pin the fringe down that was from the separate squares being put together. So I did get a number of pricks while trying to put it all together, but no blood to worry about getting on the fabric :)
The thing that took the longest was just finding time to do it. There are a few small mess-ups, but nothing you would notice unless I sat down and really showed you. So I'm very pleased. And looking forward to a chilly evening where I can wrap up in it.
My mom bought this for me because of the Kokopellies. One of my favorite things to collect.