Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lots going on in the land of Family E

I am so far behind on everything in my life, but with the season of Lent starting this week I am looking forward to using that time for reflection and changing. I am most happy to have a hubby who is joining me and even making some of his own choices that are setting an example for me.
I have been quite busy with work and with just getting regular life done.  My oldest just had her wisdom teeth pulled on Feb. 8.  Hard to believe she is old enough to have already needed that.  My youngest is in the line to join National Junior Honor Society.  So proud of her.  She has come so far from me having to constantly get on to her to quit rushing through her work and just getting done even if it meant not passing to now getting nominated for a high honor!  Again, so proud!!!
Hubby has been busy with work and various activities. Some fun and some not so much.  A couple minor injuries and lots of time on 4 wheelers. (injuries not due to the 4 wheelers just to clarify).
Friends all seem to be quite busy making babies.  I am behind, still haven't finished the gifts for the coworker, thankfully those weren't geared to just a newborn, and have 3 more babies I have to get things made for. One for a baby due next month and another due the month after that!!
And then there is me.  It is the busy season at work so over loaded there.  I did take this weekend off and enjoyed a road trip with hubby.  Enjoyed lots of time together.  Really connected again.  Next weekend I am off again and spending time with my lovely friend at another painting class and then out to dinner.  Hubby is going to keep the kids entertained so I can have some grown up girl time!
I have also been dealing with my own injuries.  I recently started getting severe headaches that started in my neck and would put me in great pain and with a sick stomach.  I had these in the past and was told they were a type of migraine.  I didn't agree with this so hurried in to my doc who ordered an x-ray, which lead to more tests.  Turned out due to all the wrecks I've been in and just due to life my neck is severely messed up and even pinching my spinal cord.  I have been going to physical therapy and finally had my pain management appointment last week.  That doc has decided to do one of the things I was really hoping to avoid.  Steroid injections.  My first one is tomorrow. He is going to give me local anesthesia, so I am cut off from food at midnight.  Don't want the injections but would prefer that to surgery.
Ok, there is a bit of an update for now.  Getting tired so need to do something to wake me up.  Want to stay up a little late so I can sleep in tomorrow.  With it being Monday I know my internal clock will try to get me up early and I don't want to be awake too long before the doctor.  I get real hungry most mornings. Thankfully procedure is at 10am with arrival time of 9am. 

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Glad to see you writing again and hear that you and Larry got a grown up weekend. I wish I could have a girls grown up weekend. Oh well. Maybe someday I will come down there just by myself for the weekend. We will see.