Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Weekend Recap Before it's Even Over

So we are closing in on the end of Saturday and tomorrow is mostly planned out, so I thought I would go ahead and write about this weekend.
I will jump all the way back to Wednesday to better explain how things went for the weekend.
Larry dropped in to visit the girls while in Austin like I mentioned. While there, Holly decided she could no longer bare being away and came home with him. I love the fact she missed us and home so much she was willing to come home and be an only child again until her sister comes in a week or two (she stayed to spend all the time she could with her friends before her mom moves). But it does throw a kink in plans. I take advantage of the girls being gone and try to plan adult/friend time while they are gone. No sitter needed or no short trips/visits due to them being home alone. So I had planned for Friday to meet up with an old friend I found on Facebook whom I haven't seen in over 15 years! My parents had plans too so I could ask them to spend part of the day with her and there was no way I was cancelling our visit, so I planned out how to take her and be able to talk without worrying about what Holly would hear. Thankfully I thought of a cousin to call who was super gracious and took her for the afternoon/early evening. Heck, they turned it into a sleep over.
So all turned out great. Holly had fun with her young cousins and I had a wonderful time catching up with a good friend I had thought I had lost due to distance. Isn't the internet wonderful?!

I then had a fun loooooong phone chat with Lori. Her hubby was treated to a much deserved night out with friends (the fun start to his first Father's Day!), so she stayed home with baby and we had a fun evening on the phone after he went to bed. A good night of lots of talking with two fabulous people!
Today I braved the grocery store and FINALLY stocked back up on food. I normally do my shopping weekday mornings, but I had some needs and didn't feel like making a ton of trips to the store this week. This evening we had a great family dinner. And I am finishing baking cookies for my dad for Father's Day (I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this. If you do, Dad, you didn't read that part!)
We celebrated Father's Day for Larry on Thursday. We tied it in with his last day before returning to working at a job near home...YAY! So we took him to Old Navy to take advantage of their half off guy's clothes sale and to buy work shirts and some regular clothes for him. We then went to one of our favorite places, the Movie Tavern, for dinner with a movie. A super fun day for very little money!
So tomorrow I will obviously be dropping in on my dad and I think Larry is going to head out to East TX to visit his for a few and to pick up the last of his stuff that is still out there from working with his brother. I want to go with him, but I got a bit lazy today at times so most of the day tomorrow will be spent doing major cleaning and getting ready for Lucas to spend Monday with us! Love me some Lucas time!!!
That's it for the early recap hope it didn't ramble off and get too confusing. It is about bedtime I just realized.

3 comments:

Charisse said...

You are funny. I am so glad you had grownup time. We need that every so often. I am so in love with the internet that you don't even know. I have found so many people that I would never have thought I would be able to keep up with. Tina is one of the biggest ones that I am happy I found. Yay for Larry getting to go back to work, I am super excited for him and you guys. And I love Lucas time, too. Because after Lucas time always comes Lucas pictures. And since I am 1654783486 million miles away, then that is all I get. :-(

Enjoy Sunday. Tell Daddy I said hello. :-)

Charisse said...

I TAGGED you on my blog - check it out - kinda fun :-)

April said...

I'm so glad we finally got a picture with both our faces in it! haha : ) I had a good time as well...glad it all worked out!