Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Can't think of a title, but it looks so much nicer with one

I need to be cleaning my room and getting chores done before the hubby comes home. He is sick and went in for just a half day. But I have the itch to get a post done and with how bad I've been I better jump on it.

I still need to get to work on my sewing machine, one of the reasons I need to get my room straightened up. Good news though, I HAVE A JOB! I am just waiting for the drug test and background check to come in, but I am going to start part time for now at the Walmart pharmacy. It is not at the store I shop regularly which is perfect. It is only a 20 min drive due to all the stop lights (it's about 10 miles away). So it helps to keep work separate from life but won't guzzle my gas. I will be a Tech in Training while I work on my certification. I am very excited. I didn't want to mention it till I started, but I know I have the job just waiting on all the formal stuff.

Also I forgot to mention my fairly new hobby. I finally have learned how to knit. And I mean with needles and not my knifty knitters. Joann's offers various classes and I have been wanting to take the knitting one for a long time. I was told by the cashier at Michaels in September about a promotion Joann's was doing. From then until Christmas, yarn and needles were provided by the store. I decided it was the perfect time to go and I would make it a birthday treat. My friend Tina joined me at the class. I told her it would be a good thing for her to get a hobby she could do when she needed to relax. I am super glad she went because we ended up being the only two in the class. I will not post a picture of my knitting from the class. It is pitiful, but I will treasure it. :) It was a 2 1/2 hour class and apparently there is so much still to learn. We learned the basic techniques but have no clue how to really make anything or read patterns. Anyone who knows how to knit have a suggestion on how to learn all that on your own so I can spend my money on supplies instead? :D

I did finally get to practice for the first time on Sunday since the class back on 10/17.



It took hours just to get this much done (granted I had to take a lot of breaks so I wouldn't get frustrated). So my next questions for knitters. How long did it take to be able to really get some speed on your knitting? And what gets you there? Just lots of practice? Suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.
Ok, need to get to work. Will post about birthday and Halloween soon.

*I had to add this: I have been dealing with some rather frustrating things involving the kids and school lately. I like to keep things positive and let the kids keep their dignity, so I rarely mention it. I am rather frustrated. I am making progress with one with only an occasional set back. But as usual I stuggle with the other. Anyway....I just found this blog post and it was great! It made me laugh and hits so close to home. It helped me to feel better about myself and to relax and know if I keep working at it and praying I will get them there! They are great kids just hard headed.

1 comment:

Charisse said...

OHMYGOODNESS!!! I just love Marymac (authorof pajamasandcoffee.com) and I am glad you found her. I think that you are doing a great job with the girls. They do not come with a manual and you seem to be writing one as you go.

Love you bunches and want to remind you that I am always here for you. :-)