Friday, March 14, 2008

Caught up...at least for now

So I finally have a little time. This week has been Haylee and Hayden's Spring Break, so they have been here. So after I have sent Holly off to school this week, I have joined my other two children in being lazy, and gone back to bed every morning. This morning I was determined not to do that no matter how tempting it was. Next week is Holly's Spring Break, so she will go back to Austin with the other two and spend the week at her mom's. So I will enjoy sleeping later next week myself. (I just re-read all that and noticed I have a thing for using "so" this morning. Hope that doesn't get to annoying.)

OK finally-my fun night at the ladies night at Kristi's church. It was a super fun evening with all kinds of activities just for ladies. Some activities were free, and others had a super cheap fee since you we getting services or bringing home a cute craft of pampering item. Some of the activities we did was jewelry making, cookie decorating (and mine actually turned out kind of cute, and I loved Kristi's. I didn't think to take a picture of them), bath salt making, and many more. This also all took place in "the village", the new lobby area to the new parts of the church they opened. This area has a little cafe where they served snacks and coffee. I'm not a huge coffee fan, but do stop at Starbucks for the occasional chocolate coffee treat. So we decided to try there double (or was it triple) coffee frapacino. And we both agreed it was 10x's better than what you get at Starbucks. Just thinking about it has me craving one. We didn't plan to stay long, especially since that was one of the nights during our cell phone drama leaving me with no phone. Larry went that night though and got it taken care of and had the phones turned back on. This allowed me to relax and enjoy the evening more, and the next thing we knew is it was after 10pm. Needless to say, we greatly enjoyed ourselves and some time just getting to hang out together. Something that was long over due and is due again!






A weekend or two after that Holly went to her mom's and Haylee and Hayden came here. We introduced Hayden to geo-caching (the girls have done it with us before). It had been quite a while since we had done it, and had fun doing it again since that was a nice weekend. I'm hoping we can start doing it some more now that the weather is looking nice.





Last week my wonderful best friend, Charisse, and her daughter Lorelli were in town. I know that week didn't go anything like she planned (see her blog), but we did get to spend a lot of time relaxing (something she usually doesn't do even though she needs to on her vacations out here), and talking. And as usual, Lorelli was the star of the house. Larry misses having little ones, and she seems to have figured this out, 'cause she would go find him to do whatever chore she was told to do and to get something that her mommy may have told her no to. Of coarse we always obey the mommy's rules, but he sure did enjoy the cuddle time she gave him as did I.





Last Saturday Charisse set up dinner at Mexican Inn for old friends from High School she hadn't seen in a number of years. I think everyone who came really enjoyed themselves.


Here is a pic of me, Charisse, and Lori from that night. Hard to believe, but it's been 10 yrs since the 3 of us took a pic like this together!!

And here is Lorelli posing for a pic at Mexican Inn.

I think that just about catches me up for now. Lets keep our fingers crossed I don't fall that far behind again!!

No comments: