Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Breaks for all

March 10-14 was Haylee and Hayden's Spring Break, and they spent the week with us. Since Holly was still in school, we didn't really do much, but they seemed to have a good time at the house enjoying the nice weather and backyard and just relaxing with no worries other than clean up any mess you make.


The next week, March 17-21, was Holly's. She spent the week in Austin with her mom, stepdad, and siblings. That left me with my own "Spring Break". I made big plans for myself for the week. Haircut, meeting up with a few friends different days for lunch or coffee, going out to Larry's job for lunch with him in Dallas, washing and detailing the van, mowing the lawn and organizing a couple of areas of the house. With the severe threat of rain Monday and then actually raining so much on Tuesday that I was sinking into the yard Wed morning while getting the paper, I threw out the idea of mowing the lawn and washing the van. These were my plans for Mon and Tues, so it kind of turned my week totally around. I decided to throw out all major chore plans and just take a much deserved resting week.


Monday I did go to get my hair cut. I was planning on taking off about 1 1/2" making this about the last short haircut I would have to get for my hair that was shaved to catch up.

Here is a picture of how much has grown (pre-haircut).



And this is how the scar is healing.

I guess I did a poor job describing the hair cut, because it is NOTHING like I wanted, and is about 4" shorter than planned. When I finally figured out she was doing it wrong, it was too late to stop her, so I just let it go. She was a super sweet girl and really tried, so I didn't want to get her in trouble.

I ran a few errands afterwards and then went home to take a shower. After taking my shower and drying it, I discovered that the left side came to my lip and the right to my chin. I had been super emotional lately, and seeing this had the waterworks flowing. I started calling anyone to see if they had a good stylest close that I could go to to get something done. And I called Larry just bawling over what had happened.

I finally got through to the hair salon to let them know what happened, so they told me to come in and someone else would fix it. (I didn't see how anyone could "fix" it). So they did even it up more (my mother-in-law is the one who did the true evening up for me this weekend). I told them the girl was super nice, but made a major mess up. They apologized heavily, and gave me some expensive vitamins that are suppose to help your hair grow. Now if I can only remember to take them EVERY day.

I did get to meet with 2 out of the 4 friends I planned to hang out with. Larry and I cancelled our lunch due to his being super busy and it not being worth the 60 mile drive to just rush to taco bell or some other fast food joint so he could get back to work.

Thursday I got a couple of surprises. The first was a letter in the mail from the city stating someone had complained about our cats being inside/outside cats. I understand if someone has a problem and am happy to work with them to fix it. Some neighbors had a problem with them and came to us about it. What upset me is they went to the city instead of talking to us (and I'm pretty sure I know who did it, and I had asked them before if they were ok with my cats being outside and they said yes. I don't blame them if they change their mind due to something the cats did, just tell me!). Had they come to us, I would have made them indoor cats again just like now since that would make the second set of neighbors complaining about our cats, and I can't afford to buy a $65 kitty alarm for everyone. So now my poor kitties are trapped inside right when the weather is turning nice. They sure aren't happy about it either! And I think it's a stray that's actually causing all the problems. He's yellow like one of mine, so they just assume he's ours.

I became aware of my second surprise by a phone call. When I went to Walmart to get a new litter box for the cats, I accidentally left my phone in the car. When I checked it, it said I had a voice mail from a number I didn't know. It was a man saying he left a flower delievery on my porch. So I rushed home trying to figure out this mystery. I hadn't ordered any flowers for planting, and it was still more than a week till my wedding anniversary. So why am I getting flowers?! By the time I was almost home, I had convinced myself it was a wrong number. But no! When I pulled up this was sitting on my porch.

The fabulous Charisse had sent me a "strawberry margarita" to help me feel better about my hair disaster. It's a huge, gorgeous bouquet in a giant Margarita glass with plastic strawberries all in it. It doesn't have water. It has these jell crystals that keep it moist and work better than water. Yesterday was the first signs of wilting, and a lot of it is still going strong. We had some stuff like this in the Christmas tree and they were awesome. I love how these ones are pink though and give it even more of a strawberry margarita look!

So basically, my break rushed by, and now it's back to normal life, with is a bit relaxing itself.

No comments: