Monday, October 29, 2007

Early and Late

Well, Friday felt like an early mini-Thanksgiving for me. Cooking wise anyway. Larry had been having some tooth pain as of late, so on Thurs he went in to the dentist. They ended up doing a partial deep cleaning and pulled two of his three remaining wisdom teeth. He was at the office for 7 hrs, and in the chair for 5 hrs!! With one of the teeth came some bone!! Just the idea of that makes my mouth cower in fear!! He called me when he got out trying to speak, but his meds had him soooo out of it. I told him I could come get him, but even on so much pain killers he was thinking of my safety and said that I would have to drive through a not so safe area to get there so he would meet me at his work and I could pick him up there (thankfully it was very close to his job). I hurried out to the van to take off to face the horrible trek throw Dallas' rush hour traffic. But Larry's fabulous property manager called to tell me not to come. She lives fairly close and she would drive him this way and we could just meet at the Costco about 5 miles from the house. I couldn't thank her enough, this gave me the chance to run to Target and pick up his prescriptions and some food I thought he could eat (or should I say just swallow). So that night he wasn't able to fall asleep till about 8am Friday morning. I called his work to let them know he'd would go ahead and stay home. When he did wake up, poor thing had chills and body aches along with all the pain in his mouth. So after the call I ran to the store to get some things to cook for him. I ended up getting a rotisserie chicken from the deli, and cooked stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin bread (I'd been craving that for the past couple of weeks).
And now for the late part...I tried to be good and get a jump on Holly's Vampire costume this year. She decided her sister's witch dress from last year would work and all she needed was a cape. So a few weeks ago we went up to Joann's and I let her pick out some fabric for it (a bright red satin like fabric with skull and bones covering it). So that was the good jump right on it and get it done part of me. The not so fabulous procrastinator took over after that, and now I'm just now sitting down to sew it. Biggest problem is the fabric is so slippery, I can't get it to stay still while I try to iron it to sew the hem much less anything else. So I think I will give up trying to sew it neatly and will just cut it into the shape we need. Hopefully it will still look ok. I don't think it will unravel, the fabric seems to be a fairly good one for resisting that.

No comments: