Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bustin' for Georgia

So I have been trying to go to Georgia to visit Charisse for a couple of years now. The first year I planned to go was summer of '07. But a pesky little tumor put a stop to that. The next time was this last summer, but the funding I was expecting for it didn't come as planned. This year it should come, but in case it doesn't I have a plan in order. The plan is actually for spending money on the trip. Charisse has informed me many times that 2009 is the year for me to go!
So here is a picture of my plan now in action:

Isn't she cute! She already has over $11 in her after just starting work on Saturday. Larry has been graciously donating what extra cash he has had. I've learned if I put my money in a pig where I can't see it, I am less likely to "borrow" from it for that small and sudden need from the grocery store that I don't want to use my check card on, for letting Holly buy lunch on a day I'm too lazy to make it, or to get a soda when I have a desperate need for caffeine and bubbles. So if you are feeling generous, feel free to feed Miss Georgia. She seems to be hungry 24/7! :)
And here is a picture of Larry from this weekend all hooked up to the EEG monitor.

Lately I have been trying to get back on track to being healthier. I mentioned before how I was starting to exercise. Well I've fallen off that wagon due to the holidays and am having a hard time getting back on. I need to get my workout chart made again. That really seemed to help seeing all the smileys. I wasn't doing good with eating healthy though. I am working on that now (see just need to put the two together and I'll really start getting some where). My main problem right now is snacking. So I've been trying to buy healthier snacks for myself lately. Thing is, I'm hitting my time of month where the need for chocolate is life threatening (for others around me that is), not it's normal just want. So I'm trying to find better ways of feeding that monster. I try to buy chocolate milk for myself. Then I kill two birds with one stone...chocolate in a better way, and calcium. I hide the jug behind a bottle of wine in the fridge in the garage though or Holly will drink my stash, hehe. I also have been eating milk chocolate covered raisins (a family favorite of both my childhood family and my married family). These aren't that healthy, but better than pigging out on regular chocolate candy. Also I get only 13oz. for $4. So this helps me to ration. They have dark chocolate raisins. I know that dark chocolate is actually good for you so I should try these, but I'm not the biggest fan of dark choc. and can only eat it in certain things. I don't think I would be happy with dark choc. raisins when I'm so use to the milk choc. ones. I have been wanting to try the dark chocolate covered cranberries. I think the tartness of the cranberries would be just right for the dark choc., but haven't been willing to spend $5 on 11oz. I broke down and bought some last night. And now I have a new addiction!


OK, I've rambled enough today. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

No comments: