Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In need of pictures

My blog that is. It's been a while, so here are some.

Sorry if these first few aren't fun, but I don't do well in cemeteries normally, and this is one of the few times I'm OK. So I thought I would take a few pics of head stones of interest and share them.

My Grandparents

This one is hard to see but if you look under James, my great uncle, you will see we shared our birthday.

This is the temporary marker for my uncle LeRoy.

My mom and the rest of her siblings. (Kind of hard to get them to all look at the camera at once.) From Left to right: Willie (#7 the youngest), Ada (#4), My mom, Ruby "Cindy" (#6), Minnie (#3), Harry "Herky" (#2), and Bonnie (#1).

And here is a picture of my first Tulip to bloom. I planted them last spring. But this being my first time to plant tulips, I didn't hold my breath for them to come...actually I pretty much forgot about them till I saw some green poking up around my tree a few weeks ago.

As you can see most of my other ones have emerged too, but none of them have any blooms. I hope this freeze over the next few days doesn't kill them. I hope it does put a stunt on my rapidly growing yard of weeds that I haven't been able to get to work on killing. My luck it will do just what I'm hoping it won't.

Anyway, hope these liven up my blog a bit.

1 comment:

Charisse said...

YAY for surprises!!! In this case, it was God's surprise for you. He knw that you needed something and since you can't make it out here Friday night for driks he probably figured that would at least make you smile!